Thanks for being here! We want to get to know you and we want our followers to feel like they know us, so here is a little about who we are:
We are both California natives currently living in good ol’ Southwest Missouri. We are passionate about creativity and the ways that people express it. Our current inspiration comes from: our adventures, Gilmore Girls, vintage flowers, our relationships, doughnuts, and many other things. We are fans of local businesses and love the small business community.
Now about the Creatives!
I believe that the key to a good life is a combination of large cups of coffee, pink frosted doughnuts, and sharing them with good company (especially my sweet husband, Conor). My average day is spent working with the creative gals at Art Feeds. I love all things creative and have a weakness for art supplies. I’m a sucker for handmade paper goods, which has inspired this whole adventure. Currently, I find my inspiration in the architecture of the old brick buildings around my loft. At Write It Down Stationery, I create and design our simple, sweet paper goods. You will also find me co-writing this blog with my lovely friend, Melissa!
A few things about me:
1. I can’t keep nail polish on for longer than 2 days
2. I do everything I can to not wash my hair
3. I’m in denial that my favorite color is pink
4. When I was nine, I competitively raced bicycles
5. I’ve watched the entire series of the Office more times than I can count
6. My favorite paints are children’s watercolors
7. I might be the only person in the world that misses the 90’s
8. Washington is my favorite state in the US for many reasons
9. When I was 18, I embarked on an adventure of a lifetime with Youth With a Mission and traveled to Ireland, Israel, and Palestine
10. Have I mentioned how much I love doughnuts?
I currently spend my days admiring my husband Neil, our dog Lucy, drinking coffee, and working on math problems to finish my degree. I enjoy quality time with friends, prayer journaling, and Netflix binges. I am inspired by aesthetically pleasing photos and am working on taking them myself. My role in this blog as a cowriter is to collect inspiration, manage social media, and staying connected with you guys!
A few things about me:
1. Traditional cappuccinos make me happy
2. I went to the Math Olympics in 4th grade (yes, it’s a real thing)
3. I’m not ashamed to say Pretty Little Liars is my favorite TV show
4. I talk in my sleep, and occasionally sing (or so I’ve been told!)
5. I am a Godmother to a sweet little girl
6. I have “double jointed” elbows
7. I have Exercised Induced Asthma, which makes me sound lazy
8. Despite my love for doughnuts and ice cream, I do love to eat whole and healthy foods
9. On average, I wear makeup about twice a month, yet I find myself watching makeup tutorials on YouTube for hours
10. I recently started collecting old postcards with messages on them because I cherish the stories they hold
Tell us something about you!
Ashley and Melissa